1. Stabilization of Lake Pend Oreille’s Lake level at 2062.5 feet during the 6 month period as guaranteed by law. This will enable Idaho citizens and the communities surrounding the lake to enjoy the full peak season recreational and economic benefits as outlined in Senate Document #9.
2. Representation by the citizens of Idaho and the users of Lake Pend Oreille in all matters concerning drawdown of the lake. Currently, the three entities that have put themselves in charge of determining Pend Oreille lake drawdown dates, amounts, and lengths are the Army Corps of Engineers, Bonneville Power Administration, and the Kalispell Tribe.
3. Control of the Albeni Falls Dam, and all proceeds from the power generated there, be turned over to the citizens of the State of Idaho, as guaranteed by Senate Document #9. That document decreed that once the Albeni Falls Dam had paid for its initial construction costs, all future proceeds from power generation, and control of the dam’s operation, would be returned to the citizens upstream from the dam.
4. Prevent the sending of water from Lake Pend Oreille, as well as Lake Coeur d’Alene and Priest Lake, through the existing U.S. dam and waterway system, for use by other states for any economic, agricultural or recreational reason.
5. Protect all facets of the recreational and economic benefits that Lake Pend Oreille provides for the citizens of Idaho, and prevent damage to our natural resources and way of life by outside entities.